Happy New Year – 2018 Year in Review & New for 2019
January: The beginning of the year saw the opening of our five new premium cabins.
February: Hallmark Channel’s “Winter’s Dream,” filmed entirely on location at Manning Park Resort and Hope, is released.
April: After a total of 34 years at Manning Park Resort, general manager, Mike Barker retires! He is still a frequent moustache on the mountain now, as he enjoys retirement by volunteering with the CSP.
Summer: Cell service comes to Highway #3 at Sunshine Valley, Manning Park Resort & East Gate.
August: Forest Fire Extinguished in Manning Park through Coordinated Community Effort on BC Day Long Weekend.
October: We held our first Dark Sky – Astronomy Weekend, which was a great success. Read all about it from one of our attendees, Miss604. We are already looking ahead to next year with plans to expand to two weekends! Save the weekend date(s) of October 18-20th & 25-27th and sign up for our Dark Sky Mailing list to learn more.
November: Manning Park Resort Unveils Plans for New Quad Chairlift coming Winter 2019/20.
What an awesome year! And we have got even more exciting times ahead this year for Manning Park Resort.
Here’s what we’re looking forward to in the coming year.
New for 2019
- We’re giving a new meaning to the Monday Blues! The Blue Chair will be open every Monday starting January 6th.
- To get you skiing on Mondays, we have a brand new package called the B&B – and Ski! Package. If you stay at any of our Resort accommodations on Sunday or Monday night, get your breakfast and lift ticket for $35 per person!
- We have ongoing updates planned for the accommodations throughout the year, as well as more work on the ski hill runs, so stay tuned.
- New Rockstar Terrain Park rails: We are stoked to introduce our new Firecracker rail and a new beginner box, along with some newly refurbished rails from last year! We will be building the Terrain Park this January so keep an eye on our updates.
- Our new Pisten Bully grooming machine has arrived!
- And our biggest news yet – a brand new quad chairlift will be replacing the Orange Chair this spring!
We are grateful for you, our guests and friends, for all your support over this past year. We hope that 2019 brings you and your family great joy and prosperity!