manning park camping
All Manning Park camping reservations MUST be made through Discover Camping. Manning Park Resort and Manning Park Visitor Centre do not facilitate any requests for camping reservations. Please call 1-800-689-9025 or visit Discover Camping to make your camping reservation.
Campgrounds are now open (conditions permitting). Please visit BC Parks for more information about camping in COVID-19 times.
The breathtakingly beautiful setting of Lightning Lake makes it Manning Park Resort’s premier campground. Set deep in the park overlooking Lightning Lake, it features three shower buildings, shared access to two beaches, and regular naturalist programs at the amphitheatre during peak season.
rules and reminders
- All campground opening and closing dates in Manning Park are weather dependent.
- Firewood can be purchased for $8.00 at the Manning Park Country Store, at the Lightning Lake Gatehouse, and from fee collectors.
- All sales are cash or travellers cheque only. ATM’s are located in the lobby of Manning Park Lodge and the Pinewoods building.
- A Manning Park camping party consists of one vehicle and a maximum of 4 adults (16+) and 8 persons, including children (under 15). Oversize parties or additional vehicles will be charged extra.
- All tents and vehicles must remain on the designated camping site at all times.
- All pets must remain on a leash at all times anywhere within the Park. Pets are not permitted on beaches or in Park buildings. There are no off-leash areas in Manning Park.
- Do not remove any material from the forest for any reason. Do not collect dead wood for fires, sticks for hot dogs, flowers, berries, mushrooms, rocks, logs, or anything else from anywhere within Manning Park.
- Do not leave your fire unattended for any amount of time. Fires must be contained in the fire ring provided. Please follow all posted fire notices, restrictions, or bans that may be in effect.
- Do not leave food or garbage unattended. Place coolers, pop, canned goods, and any other items back in your vehicle before you go to bed or leave your site for any amount of time.
- Do not hang litter bags in trees and regularly place garbage in the animal-proof containers. Help all of us practice bear safety!
- In Provincial Parks and Protected Areas, smoking is only permitted within a designated frontcountry campsite or group campsite, occupied by a registered party or their guests. This restriction applies to the smoking and / or vaping of tobacco, cannabis, or other substances.
Group campsites, Lone Duck 1 & 2, are not scheduled to open at this time for summer 2020 due to COVID-19. If you have a reservation, please call 1-800-689-9025 or visit Discover Camping to discuss your camping reservation options.
Other Manning Park Camping
Check-In and Reservations
Lone Duck keys are available for pick up only from Manning Park Lodge front desk. Guests MUST submit a $20 cash refundable deposit for the key. Check-in time is: 1:00pm.
Please note! The Gatehouse never has possession of the keys, and will be unable to access them.
Enjoy Fun Activities Outdoors When You Camp at Manning Park
Access a wide network of hiking trails that wind through expansive valley and up to stunning peaks.
Get out on the water on Lightning Lake during your stay at Manning Park with our boat rentals.