Spring Wildlife & Upcoming Projects this May
Spring has definitely arrived at Manning Park Resort! The park is coming alive with lots of wildlife, Lightning Lake is completely free from ice, and more hiking trails are accessible.
This month, we look forward to celebrating Mom with a special Mother’s Day Brunch on May 12th, and the May Long Weekend will be here before you know it!
May 18th marks the kickoff to the camping season and the Boathouse opens for canoe, kayak, stand-up paddleboard and rowboat rentals. Our first interpretive programs start May 18th, running weekends until June 29th, when they will be daily.
- Keep an eye on our social media for the exact dates of the opening of our campgrounds, as well as the seasonal opening of the Cascade Lookout road.
We’ve got great rates on accommodation right now. Make a weekend of it with our B&B package or our Romance Package (with sparkling wine and strawberries!) Also check out our Dark Sky Discount, and learn why Manning Park is an incredible place to watch the stars!
Spring is also the time we get underway with our big projects, and here is what we have in the works right now:
- More premium cabin construction! Work has begun this spring, and we’re hoping to have some open for next Christmas, but there is no confirmed date on this, yet.
- New Quad Chair: The Orange Chair is no more, (it was a lot of fun watching the chairs go to their new homes!) and we are excited that our new Doppelmayr quad chairlift has arrived and work has commenced. There is a lot of construction happening at the ski hill right now, and we can’t wait to show you the progress! We will keep you posted.
- In addition to the new quad chair, we are also building a new Rental Shop & Ticket Office building that will replace the existing buildings.
- New staff accommodations – we are making investments in our staff by bringing in 5 new buildings into staff accommodation.
We are striving to create a bright future for Manning Park Resort for our guests and our staff. Thank you for your support in these exciting endeavours!
See you this spring at Manning Park Resort!