Telescope Rentals Now Available
The Manning Park Dark Sky offers some of the best night sky viewing around. Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing this month by renting one of our new telescopes!
July 20th marked the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11 and the world’s first moon landing by Neil Armstong & Buzz Aldrin.
We are excited to announce that we now have beginner telescope rentals available!
The Celestron FirstScope Telescope is a portable and lightweight table-top design with a 76 mm reflector optical tube. It is easy to store, transport and setup. FirstScope is very easy to observe with; the user simply navigates the night sky by moving the tube in the direction of their desired object.
We now have 5 telescopes available from the Front Desk on a First Come, First Serve basis.
- Learn the constellations of the sky without the use of a telescope first.
- Read the books! We’ve included two great books with the telescope kit to help set your expectations for what you might be able to see with the telescope:
- “50 Things to See with a Telescope for Kids (And Parents Too!)” – John Read
- “Turn Left at Orion” – Guy Consolmagno & Dan M. Davis
- Adjust your eyes to the dark, and if you require a light, use the red light that is included in the kit.
- Find a sturdy place to put the telescope, like a picnic table. (There are some at the Lightning Lake Day Use and at Spruce Bay Beach)
- Start with an easy target – like the moon.
- Have patience; it can take a lot of practice to use the telescope.
- Have fun!
Learn more about what’s happening in the Manning Park Dark Sky at https://manningpark.com/manning-park-dark-sky/