Dark Sky Discount is back!
The Dark Sky in Manning Park offers some of the best stargazing around. With multiple viewing locations and very limited light pollution, the views are incredible.
That’s why we created this great promotion for you:
DARK SKY DISCOUNT: When you come up to go stargazing, save 25% on your accommodation on select dates this spring for members of our Dark Sky mailing list.
Select dates for Spring: Valid daily from April 15-May 16, 2019, Valid Sunday-Thursday from May 20-June 27, 2019
To get this deal, you must be registered in Dark Sky mailing list to qualify. Sign up here: http://eepurl.com/dqKVlr
Manning Park Dark Sky
Check this website for the events that we are adding to our Dark Sky offerings and to sign up to our Dark Sky mailing list to hear about it direct to your inbox.
We don’t currently have telescopes for loan, but there are some great local resources:
- the Fraser Valley Regional Library: You can loan a telescope using just your library card!
- Or suggest that they look into a RASC (Royal Astronomical Society of Canada) membership, which offers telescopes for loan.
We also suggest that you join us for our Manning Park Dark Sky – Astronomy Weekends on October 18-20 & 25-27.
RECOMMENDED STARGAZING LOCATIONS:
- Windy Joe field:located in the middle of our cabin loop to the west of the Resort. This is a very accessible location, although there will be more light in this area as it is around the Resort.
- Lightning Lake Day Use:4km from Manning Park Resort on Gibson Pass Road. Viewing area is located at the far end of the parking lot in the field by the lake.
- Parking:Park in the Day Use parking lot. Year-Round
- Cascade Look-out:8km on the Blackwall Peak Road. This is a winding mountain road with 1150m elevation gain. Please use caution!
- Parking:Parking lot is at the Look-out. Spring- Fall only
- Sub-alpine Meadows Parking Lot:16km up Blackwall Peak Road. Road is paved 8km to the Lookout, then is gravel.
- Parking:parking is in the Lower Lot, near the Naturalist hut. Viewing is in the upper parking lot. Walking off the path is prohibited. Spring-Summer only
There’s lots more for you to discover! Where’s your favourite spot?